A weak password is still the #1 way hackers break into your network. In fact, 81% of the total number of breaches last year utilized weak or stolen passwords!
Here’s what a GOOD password should contain:
· A minimum of eight characters
· Uppercase and lowercase letters
· At least one number and one symbol (#, for example)
· No complete words, like “PaSsWord123#.” While this meets the requirements, a hacker’s brute-force software will crack that in seconds.
· Never reuse a password for multiple accounts (like making your Facebook and LinkedIn passwords the same).
If you have questions about cyber security or some other IT-related issues for your business? Go to https://www.Fidelitech.net/discoverycall to book a quick, 10-minute call.
#cybersecurity #passwordvault #passwordsecurity #networksecurity #ITSupport #ITServices